Personal mobile electronic surveillance system for emergencies & healthcare monitoring
EDC Bodyguard is a small lightweight terminal, with functions designed to provide electronic surveillance services and assistance to people.
It has an SOS button and four other programmable buttons to allow SMS messages to be sent, or to obtain voice communication with pre-programmed telephone numbers. The device is equipped with an ultra sensitive GPS receiver (20 channels) allowing maximum accuracy in positioning.
Electronic Surveillance Platform
The EDC Bodyguard application is integrated in the EDC call center platform, which makes it possible to benefit from Control Room monitoring, providing critical surveillance of alarm events and related intervention on a 24-hour/365 days basis.
Each button can be programmed to perform a specific function:
- Voice telephone call
- Text message
- Cancel alarm
- Tracking ON/OFF
- Tone signal
- Several different sounds, with 5 tone levels.
- Loudspeaker with 10 tone levels.
- Vibration signal
- 1 voice telephone call number
- 5 different numbers to send text messages
- Customisable message interval
- Customisable alarm duration
- Cancellation by push button or text message
- Customisable tone notification
- Facility to release the SOS button permanently (even if keyboard has been locked)
- Facility to confirm by vibration signal
- Facility for unlimited tracking duration
Low battery warning by text message
- At 40% or 60%
- At 40% and 60%
- Also when the battery is fully charged to 100%
- Selection of numbers to be informed (list of the five).
History of localisations
When this function is active, the GPS receiver will go into service in accordance with the interval programmed. Positions will be recorded in its internal memory.
- Facility to read the most recent position recorded (Log Tracking).
- Facility to activate tracking by pressing a pre-programmed button
- Facility to end tracking by pressing a button or sending a text message
- Customisable reading interval
- Customisable duration of tracking
- Automatic answering facility
- Customisable time delay (after # rings)
- Facility to receive calls only from those on the list.
- Send text message to one or more electronic surveillance centers.
- Send text message to several telephone numbers (5 in total)
Every alarm message includes:
- Identification number
- GPS position
- Date and time
- Number of satellites visible
- Operator's code
- Cell number (mobile phone aerial)
- Level of mobile phone signal
- Level of internal battery
EDC Bodyguard is also able to transmit data by GPRS.
Tracking – Localisation:
In alarm mode, the system will send a message
- Compact appliance
- Dimensions 91x44x19 mm
- GPS & mobile phone with outstanding receptivity.
- Mobile phone 900/1800 MHz and 850/1900 MHz
- Ultra sensitive 20-channel GPS (SiRF Star III)
- Configuration by text message / GPRS / USB
- Advice of position by text message or GPRS
- E/S voice calls
- 5 programmable push buttons
- LED 3 (Power on / Mobile phone / GPS)
- NMEA output - USB
- Energy saver
- 220 Volts charger per USB port
- Internal Li-ion 750 mAh 3.7 V battery
- Independent operation from 8 to 40 hours, depending on configuration
- Micro switch (Block keyboard)
- Internal 1 MB memory
- Weight 80gm