Global mobile office broadband communication
BGAN uses small, lightweight devices to deliver a powerful array of services capable of processing bandwidth-intense and other applications such as: Internet and Intranet access, voice, Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), live media streaming, video conferencing, video store-and-forward, e-mail and large file transfer.
Typical BGAN users
- Government & Military
- Banking & Finance
BGAN devices range in size, weight, performance and features designed to meet the specific needs of a variety of user groups. BGAN devices are highly portable and able to withstand challenging user environments. BGAN devices come with a BGAN SIM card and a comprehensive user interface called the BGAN Launch Pad™. The BGAN Launch Pad™ simplifies set-up and offers access to all BGAN services and support features making BGAN simple to operate. The BGAN Launch Pad is uniform across all BGAN manufacturer devices.
With Inmarsat’s BGAN service, you can set up a broadband mobile office in minutes. BGAN enables users to access data applications at broadband speed and make phone calls at the same time - wherever they are on the planet.
- Seamless network coverage across most of the world's landmass.
- Mobile broadband connectivity wherever you go.
- Standard IP
- Up to 432kbps over a shared channel, for email, internet and intranet access.
- Streaming IP
- Guaranteed data rates on demand up to 256kbps.
- Make phone calls at the same time as accessing data applications.
- Supports ISDN at 64kbps for legacy applications.
- SMS text
- Send and receive text messages.
- Discreet, lightweight terminals.
- Smallest BGAN terminal weighs less than a kilo.
- Set up a broadband mobile office in minutes.
Easy to use
- No specialist technical expertise required.
- Same device can be used worldwide.
- Standard user interface across all terminals.
- No compatibility issues with local telecoms networks.
- Access data applications and make phone calls at the same time.
- Supports both highspeed wireless IP and circuit-switched voice and data.
- Support for supplementary services, e.g., call hold, call waiting and voicemail
- Integrates seamlessly with your corporate network.
- Extensive range of small, light-weight terminals with convenient accessories
- Dependable, peace-of-mind communications.
- Robust terminals that withstand challenging environments.